Second part of my whirlwind week:
We lucked out twice with the weather. At least I am happy. We had a few snowflakes in the air on Wednesday morning. Other places had real snow, and as a result Holly's riding lesson was postponed. The kids and Robert were wishing for real snow here though.
I was able to get next week's school schedules written on Thursday. (Of course, I might not get them typed up until Monday morning . . . )
Yesterday morning, the weather was bad again, icy roads and a head on accident on the highway we take to Roanoke. All was clear in the afternoon for my lovely minor female-type surgery. It went fine. I stayed in a pain med-induced stupor and went to bed by 8:00. I'm not in any pain; I'm just working hard at preventing it. :) Each time I tried to crawl out of bed this morning, I returned ten minutes later. Again, no pain, definitely a good thing! Even my face is numb.
I was able to make my appearance at the neighbor's jewelry party. After getting my car stuck in their driveway (it's across the street, but I drove), I called Robert to rescue the car. Once inside, I stumbled over an unexpected step, but at least I wasn't the only one. The most amazing thing is that I didn't fall flat on my face.
Trevor really had wanted to go to the local homeschool group Christmas party tonight. Knowing that I wouldn't be up for making the potluck food, I asked him what he wanted me to bring. "Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese," he suggested. Ah! Perfect! I pulled it out of the freezer, baked it in the over, and stuck it in my own casserole dish. It was the second dish to disappear tonight, right after someone else's chicken nuggets. :) And Robert made chocolate chip cookie bars. We stayed at the rather small party for two hours, leaving before the group went caroling.
So far, so good. Now I'm ready for bed.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it doesn't really matter. I'm not at the point of remembering much yet.
Yawn.
5 comments:
Kristine, glad all went well and you are feeling "no pain"!
It sounds like you are making friends fast...we have lived here for 11 years and haven't gone to a neighbors except the family we go to church with...guess we are anti-social!
I didn't know you were going for female-type surgery. I hope it all went well!
Good to hear that things went smoothly for you on Friday. Hope you are feeling back to normal real soon.
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling o.k.! I've been praying for you.
Love Trevor's drawing! He's got talent!
I am so far behind on blog reading. Hard drive crash and dsl antenna broke, both back up now! I didn't know you were going in for surgery. I'm glad it went well. Hope you're feeling all better now.
Post a Comment