The meeting was good, we liked what we saw, and Holly's considering joining the group. When possible, the club has some sort of educational demonstration follow the meeting. Today, the hands on activity was "sheath cleaning."
Let me be as clear--or as vague--as I'm going to get: imagine what "sheath cleaning" possibly would mean, and you would be correct. And it's not done on female horses. (We almost skipped the meeting.)
Here's sweet Apache. He had no idea what he was in for. Yet.

Don't worry. There aren't any more pictures.
The funny thing (to me anyway) is that Holly's seen this done before. Lucky girl.

We headed straight home afterwards, thinking we could make it before sunset. Just like everything else, this was a 40 minute drive. I was soooo close to home, and then I saw this in my rearview mirror:

While the speed limit is typically unmarked and I drive 50mph, there are occasional 35mph spots. Funny how I miss those signs. Sort of funny.
But, lucky for me, I didn't get pulled over for speeding. I realized two weeks ago that my Colorado license plates had expired 50 days before. I got the new plates, but I still don't have my inspection or county stickers. And lucky for me, the policeman that pulled me over loves Colorado and has been there to ski a few times. And lucky for me, he didn't check my new VA license for warrants. (Well, he wouldn't have found anything, but still . . . ) And lucky for me, he decided to give me a warning. That's really lucky for me, because the fine for not having the stickers is about $100.
Guess I'll be getting the rest of the stickers tomorrow. Lucky me!
9 comments:
Too funny, kristine!
I'm very much enjoying your adventures in VA. It seems so much more exciting the CO. Maybe it is just your story telling.
Thanks for sharing.
Ah yes.... you've gotta love those "educational experiences" associated with horses. :)
From the only female living on a horse farm! :)
Laura in MO
CO plates expired 50 days ago. Duh!
No current sticker. Duh!
Shudda asked Trevor what to do.
Even the cops are nice around here!
I have a picture of "the bean." You don't want to see it, lol.
You should have asked the officer to pose next to his flashing lights so you could blog him...I bet you wanted to, huh!
Debi, I saw Kelly taking pictures of the bean. Although I briefly considered it, Holly shot me the look that said DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
Kathleen, YES, I had my camera and considered it. I have LONG wondered if I'd be brave enough to do that if I got pulled over (since it's happened like three times in my entire life). But I decided not to push my luck, lol. You either a) know me a little too well, b) share my same blogging freakness, or c) both! (And I'm thinking C here!)
UGH... glad you just got a warning... ugh.. I would have skipped the 4H meeting.
I remember the first time I had to clean Farley's sheath . . .I about freaked out :-)
LOl about the horse farm adventure, who would have known such things needed to be done!
Glad you're having so much fun in your new area and that you got off with only a warning from the police.
Post a Comment