Given enough coffee, I could rule the world. ~Author Unknown
Until now, caffeine has never bothered me. But after having these weird feelings for more than a week, I realized it was time to cut back. On Thanksgiving, I drank just one cup. I was thrilled with my self, until Friday morning came, along with the caffeine withdrawal headache. I spent half the day in bed, and it took two cups to feel human again.
I'd stop drinking coffee, but I'm no quitter. ~Author Unknown
It was obvious that I needed to find a happy medium, so I'm settling on four cups a day. I'm a little bummed, I really like my coffee.
Way too much coffee. But if it weren't for the coffee,
I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever.
~David Letterman
I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever.
~David Letterman
And that's what I'm most afraid of.
8 comments:
Kristine - I'm sorry you are taking a break from SHS (too busy during the holidays?). I chuckled outloud at your coffee quotes. I'm with you, I LOVE my coffee. Sometimes I purr and ooh and ahh to myself over my delicious mug full. It's sad really. :)
Hope you find the balance. Health problems are NOT what you want right now.
Oh dear!
I hope you get used to the reduced caffeine quickly!
You really like to punish yourself, don't you? :-)
I "LEARNED" how to drink coffee in my college years (waitressing until 2:00a.m. and trying to function in class five hours later). Then I joined the work force and drank coffee from the time I got to the office until I went to bed at night. Dh's parents owned a coffee store right around the corner (I spent a lot of money there before we were married).
I'm down to one double latte that I make myself in the mornings so it's not as strong as the one they make at Starbucks. I've been drinking two cans of Pepsi a day...forever. I just weened myself off of those not even three weeks ago because the doc said I was still dehydrating myself. I am noticeably more tired at night--can't stay up past midnight like I've always done in the past.
[I could make myself a latte after dinner. I've been trying to convince myself that one teeny, tiny, DOUBLE latte surely has to have less caffeine than two cans of Pepsi...
You might try the Folgers 1/2 caff.
We use that and further dilute it by mixing with one of the flavored decafs.
You can change it gradually to get to all decaf if you like.
I love coffee but I can't have it. I have all the problems you mentioned along with the inability to sleep.LOL Too bad they can't make a coffee without the side effects.LOL
oH, my Kristine...two pots a day...that is a lot of coffee! Hope you find a happy medium that wil satisfy your coffee urge, but not make you crazy.
I've never been a coffee drinking, although I love coffee ice cream! :-)
I have been drinking only decaff for almost 7 years now. I tend to get cysts in my breasts a lot and the doctor recommended years ago to get off caffiene so that's what I did.
I did have at the mall last week a Starbucks Skinny White Mocha decaff . . yum!
Kris - I worked w/a guy we called 'quad cap'. He would have a quad cappuchino every morning at 9am. He would not blink all day (or so it seemed). Prior to that, he apparently had several per day and this was his version of cutting back.
Post a Comment