Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday

Trevor and I took a trip to Blacksburg today. It was our first time there, and we took several roads we've never driven before.



After checking the route briefly on google maps, I figured my GPS could handle it. In my never-ending optimism, I forgot that GPS really stands for Get Possibly Somewhere.

We got to Blacksburg, but I later discovered that GPS took us 20 miles and 30 minutes out of our way. (eyes rolling)

I really wanted to check my map, but while I had my county map, AND a Roanoke map, AND a Blacksburg/Christiansburg map, AND a US map in my car, the one thing I did not have was a Virginia state map showing me the back roads. It was in Robert's car. I didn't think I'd need it--I had my trusty Get Possibly Somewhere technology.


Anyway, with scenery like this, I wasn't complaining.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

UGH..sorry you have so many problems with your GPS! Ours works so well I never go anywhere without it. Have you a setting for fastest/shortest route? You might want to check that. One time ours somehow got set off from that and we ended up on backroads that took forever until I realized what had happened and switched it back to fastest/shortest route.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

STUNNING! I simply have to move to VA too - I think it will be number two after Europe. LOL

Gorgeous photos - I think we'd just drive to drive if we lived in your area.

Jodi said...

Excellent pictures and you must have found your way home eventually since you blogged it!

momma24 said...

BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love fall and these pictures just make me love it more!! Someday I will see things like this first hand. Thanks for sharing.

berrypatch said...

I love fall photos - great shots! :-)