Robert loves Christmas. I think he spends half the year thinking about it. He's been thinking about decorating this house since before we moved in. I panicked a bit last month, asking him, "Where are we going to put the Christmas tree?" I couldn't see
any possibilities, other than smack in the middle of my big bathroom floor (or the tub). But he'd already had that planned out too, and fortunately, the tree will be out in the great room for all of us to enjoy.
He's started working on a wreath for the outside second story window too. He's worked on it bit by bit, and I'm so oblivious that I didn't even know about it until it was almost done. It's 8 feet tall and a bit hard to miss.

It's currently in our basement. The only thing he didn't plan ahead for was getting it out of the 7 foot high door . . .
10 comments:
How wonderful that your dh takes care of the holiday decorating! I'm anxious to see a picture of where you hang the wreath outside!
This is beautiful.
We're also trying to figure out where to put the tree. The first year in this house it went where the hutch now lives.
The second year I came up with no solution and so it was in my bedroom.
Mike and the kids don't think that is a great solution - we'll see what they come up with this year.
Ya know...Robert just blows me away with his love for gardening and making things look "nice" around the house for you guys. Please tell him that I am appreciating him from all the way on the other side of the continent!
It's easy.....just buy him an 8 foot door as an Xmas present.
Very nice indeed, I hope he can find a way to get it out the door!
Robert LIKES decorating? The only thing Greg does is the outside, and he starts complaining in September. This is highly unusual for him because he is NOT typically a complainer. LOL!
Robert loves decorating. He makes me promise every year (every holiday!) that I'll decorate the house if he dies, lol. I do so not get into it! I just admire and appreciate his efforts!
I love the wreath!
This might be the first Christmas in 20 years that we don't decorate our house. We are going to be gone the week of Thanksgiving, Carlos then leave for Russia the first 10 days of December and then we head to Indiana on the 21st so we kind of decided to nix decorating this year. I am in shock because it just won't be the same without all our decorating traditions but I guess I will be thankful after we get home in January.
Emily, I can't imagine how different it will be for you! I know how much you enjoy all of your holiday decorating. Wow, you will have a busy December!
I want to see photos when your house is all decorated & the wreath is hanging in its proper place. It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment