In a brilliant strategic move, Holly suggested that her Candy Day be the Saturday after Halloween. After all, Trevor would have all of his Halloween candy, and she wasn't trick-or-treating. Realizing that I was stuck, and anxious to get it over with, I agreed.
The deal pretty much was that she had less than $20 to spend at the grocery store on whatever junk food her heart desired. She could eat whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted.

Popcorn. Ice cream. Candy. Chips. I'm sure there was more, but I've forgotten, and she's not talking!
I think she enjoyed herself. I tried to ignore most of what she ate all day, but it was hard to forget seeing her face light up each time she remembered that she could have as MUCH as she wanted.
For as long as she's waited for Candy Day, I've been kind of hoping that she'd end up with a horrible stomach ache, deciding then and there to never eat candy again, realizing that her mom IS right, that she should listen to me always.
Do I need to say that didn't happen?
I think she's banking on a Candy Day again next year.
6 comments:
I love the idea of a candy day. Too bad Candy Day can't be everyday. Can you imagine what our thighs would look like? Scary. ~Yvonne
My mom used to let me choose whatever I wanted for dinner for my birthday. One year I decided on banana splits. So, we headed to the store and bought all the fixings and everyone had banana splits for dinner!
Sometimes you just gotta' let loose...LOL
I can't imagine eating ONLY junkfood for a day though! UGH
Jen in Az
LOL! I learned a long time ago that I *NEVER* promise the kids anything (LOL)! Sounds like Holly had a great day.
Ok . . .now my kids would LOVE this idea. That just has to be the most awesome dream come true for a child!!!!
I think my problem is that if I have a candy day (and I have) I awaken the candy monster......
Funny how kids remember things like this for years! Sounds like she had a fun day and no harm done, it's something she'll look back on fondly...mom let me have a candy day!
Post a Comment