Can one have "too many books"? It doesn't sound like a bad thing. In my world, it would be like having too much ice cream. Impossible.
I don't know that I have "too many books," but I'm trying to read too many at the same time. You can see my sidebar. I'm currently reading Parenting Is Heart Work, and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. There are several others there waiting to be read. Hold on to Your Kids has been there since last November.
Not only am I having trouble keeping up, I'm two months behind. According to my Daily Bible, it's August 20.
And we usually have at least one read aloud going for school. Just to keep my life from being too boring, I'm taking on more there this week too. Our read aloud is Otto of the Silver Hand. I'm hoping Trevor does okay with it.
Holly's beginning the Beautiful Feet curriculum tomorrow, and we'll start The Story of Liberty. While she'll be doing some of her own reading, the curriculum encourages a parent to read out loud when possible.
And somewhere along the way, I got the brilliant idea to read a children's version of Moby Dick to Trevor. He's learning about whales in science, so it just fits well. (Nevermind that he's told me he's not really interested; I've never read Moby Dick, therefore, I think Trevor will find it very interesting.)
Once again I'm drowning in books. And I don't think there's such a thing as "too many" really, but I wish they came in Mint Chocolate Chip. Or Rocky Road.
4 comments:
Oh Kristine, I know just how you feel. I am so far behind on my reading. I hate for Landon to read anything in school that I haven't read, but I didn't get enough of a head start this summer. So, I am only one book ahead of him in History of US and his literature books. Then, there are all the books I want to read--homeschooling, parenting, just for fun... It's terrible but I've though being bedridden could be a good thing in a way! I don't mean it!
I'd like mine in soy, double chocolate-chocolate chip with marshmallows please.LOL
I have the same problem.. wayyyyytooo many books on my plate right now.
My husband teases me about the huge stack of books on my nightstand. And yes, I AM reading ALL of them! :) :) Some just more slowly than others! :)
Laura in MO
Post a Comment