Monday, October 15, 2007

There Are Zebras on the Ceiling

With apologies to Jack Prelutsky . . .

There are zebras on the ceiling dancing upside-down ballet.


A giraffe is in the foyer, and it will not go away.


There's a chicken in the kitchen playing checkers with a quail,


and the turtle's running races with a very speedy snail.


My father's growing feathers,


and my mom is ten feet tall.


A weasel and a wallaby are whistling on the wall.



The cheese has turned to butter, and the butter's turned to bread.


The tub is full of buzzards, and a bear is in my bed.


The furniture is shrinking, and the den has disappeared.


My sister's sprouting antlers, and the puppy has a beard.


A marmoset is marching with a mallard and a mouse.


It's just another normal Monday -- I just love it at my house!

11 comments:

Love My Dog said...

Great photos and I like the poem - but even your dog looks a little tired of getting his photo snapped!

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL! I love the photos and the tribute! I'm glad to see that you all are loving the move and enjoying your school year!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I love your house too.

Cynthia said...

I thought you said you had lost your creativity? (LOL)! That was TOO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

You must have found the moonshine.

Kathleen said...

I love your post, Kristine!
Very creative! I might even steal your idea for my own blog!

Debbie said...

How fun, Kristine! Very creative entry.

Emily said...

That was GREAT Kristine! Plus I agree with De'Etta, it was wonderful getting a sneak peak at your new home!

Anonymous said...

did you take that picture with your TOES?

Cynthia said...

LOL! Leave it to Liz to ask such a funny question - taking a picture with your toes... maybe you did? (LOL)! And, I'm with Kathy... I may have to steal this idea for my own blog one day! It was VERY CUTE!! I had to come back and read it (and comment on it) a 2nd time!

Jodi said...

Very cute! Loved the photos and the poem.