I desperately needed a haircut. I took a chance on a salon I found online and got my hair cut yesterday. I had to drive over the scary mountain. The trees are changing there, and it was beautiful! The hair place was totally awesome, and they did a great job on my hair. Huge relief for me, as it's one less thing I have to!
To celebrate, I ate half a giant box of Good n Plenty on the way home.
I already have three overdue library books. Oops! And the computer won't let me renew them if they are already overdue. I wonder how much they charge?
I'm reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the kids. This is SUCH an awesome book! I'm even looking forward to watching the Gene Wilder movie version again when the book is done.
Robert set up the newest bookshelf downstairs, and I am almost done finally unpacking every book! Yippee!
Embarrassing thing #1: The night before we moved from Colorado Springs, friends invited us to dinner. I spilled something big time on my pants, and Christine lent me a pair of hers. They've been sitting in a mailing box here for over a month, and I still haven't sent them back.
Embarrassing thing #2: Holly's riding teacher was married in the beginning of September. I finally got her gift and card three weeks ago. It's still sitting here at my house. The longer it sits, the more embarrassed I am, but I still can't just write an extra note and put it in the mail. Besides, all I have is lined notebook paper.
I desperately need to get to the post office.
I went to a homeschool moms get together tonight. I. must. have. IRL adult female company! I made Ree's Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos. I drove to the scary mountain but didn't have to go over it. It was still scary. It was drizzling and almost dark. I saw three different deer along the way (nervewracking!). And three cars total on the ten mile stretch of back road that I once (twice?) said I'll never drive again.
I enjoyed talking to the small group of moms, especially because most were following a classical curriculum for their kids (even if most of their kids are younger than mine).
The drive home wasn't too bad. At least the moon was out. (Dad, there are no streetlights for at least 12 miles west of me. And that IS the main road.) I saw two unrecognizable animals dash in front of my car, each different, both bigger than a squirrel and smaller than a raccoon. I saw four more deer out waaaay past their bedtime. I saw a total of three cars on the 12 miles home.
I ate most of the rest of the box of Good n Plenty.
I'm no longer dreading deer season quite as much.
7 comments:
Glad you got to meet with other mommies....loved reading all about YOU. LOL
Mail the packages! They will be happy to get them and there is no need for embarrassment, they'll understand.
Congrats on the hair and IRL friends! I'm envious!
Sounds like you should start deer hunting...................get rid of some of those critters.
You need some deer "whistles", too. Don't know if they really work.
LOL about the street lights. There aren't any streetlights within a good 20 miles of our house (LOL)!
Way to go, Kristine...tackling those country roads. Before you know it you will be a pro.
We have no streetlights around here, until you get closer to the "city". Your mystery animal could have been a Fisher. The are quite dark and relate to weasels.
How fun you are meeting new friends. Also, post pictures of your new haircut! :-)
I agree just mail the packages people will understand that you have been super busy just settling in.
Cool about the amount of wildlife you saw in one trip. Very good that none of them got in the way of the car. Maybe you can convince the homeschool Moms to meet before dark and avoid that type of drive home!
Post a Comment