
Holly and I have been trying to walk every day or so. Our only option, unless we want to blaze a path to "our" creek, is the street. She's been very motivated and convinced me to walk to the beginning of the road, which is about a mile away. Up and down a few hills. While I was wearing cheap flip flops. (And you definitely can't call those shoes thongs anymore.)

When we reached the other end, I'd already been thinking about calling Robert to pick us up. The problem, though, was that I didn't have my cell phone. It was getting dark quickly, and I considered that he might come looking for us. It's not like we have streetlights or anything else to light our way. Just as we turned into the driveway, he came out of the house to find us.
But honestly it felt great to walk that far. And more importantly, I really treasure that time with Holly. My legs have been a little sore from the hills, but that feels good too.
Between the cooler temps and shorter days, the trees are changing quickly.

We've met several of the neighborhood dogs and even met a neighbor tonight.

We notice different things each time we walk. We've seen the same group of deer twice, too cute with their babies.
The caption possibilities are endless:"I've told you, NO more pictures!"
"Did you see the deer run across the road?!"
"Oh NO, it's the elephant dog again!"
"Will you hurry up, old lady! And when will you wear some decent walking shoes?!"
(I'd better be on my best behavior here, I don't want her to leave me at home next time!)
8 comments:
Beautiful scenery, Kristine! And I love the picture of Holly. LOL
What a great place to walk! And, yes, Kristine...get some sensible shoes! LOL
LOL, hurry up old lady???? Kids!
Beautiful pictures.
What fun to see fall colors. I miss them so much this time of year...but maybe we'll get a few oranges somewhere....meanwhile I'll look at yours, Debbie's, Lisa B, Jodi's blogs - they should have fall colors.
I think, dear Kristine, you must be careful or Holly will ban your camera from the walks. LOL
Kristine, I love all the pictures. It looks so quiet & serene. I always think I'd like to live somewhere like that ... until I remember about mice & snakes.
Maybe those are outlawed on the east coast?
Did you touch up that picture with the yellow sunset? It's GORGEOUS and your walks sound LOVELY! GREAT scenery for a walk.
Our trees are starting to turn as well.... fall is definitely in the air and we had a nice nightime rain last night. I LOVE falling asleep to the sound of rain. And, there wasn't any wind so I was able to leave the window open to listen to and smell the rain.
Yes, I guess there are mice, but we have two cats. I was a little worried about the garbage in the basement though . . . we don't have anywhere outdoors to keep it until we make trash runs, and we have heard that we can get bears (so can't leave it out) . . .
We've seen a snake or two, tiny ones that are road kill, lol.
Cynthia, re the pic, I may have lightened up the trees in front a little (not that you could really tell), but the sunsets here are spectacularly and simultaneously orange and purple, very different from what I'm used to!
Post a Comment