It was a totally different perspective to go along the back side here. I like knowing exactly where I am, and I didn't. Next time, I'd want to bring a compass. I'm not worried about getting lost; I just like to SEE exactly where I am, in what direction I am going. (I wonder if my GPS would be of use for this?) I have a bit of a map obsession.
It was a great surprise to come out onto a couple of open fields. They certainly can't be seen from the street!

I ran (okay, I walked) home and checked out the online aerial photographs so I could see exactly where we'd gone, which houses we'd glimpsed through the trees, and whose property we were walking on. I know all of this used to be a dairy, but everything I've seen up to this point is now wooded.
On a slightly different note, we've seen many smaller animals that live here--mostly as roadkill: snakes (small), salamanders, groundhogs, possum, raccoon.
City child of mine: "Who takes care of the dead animals here?"
Mom: "No one. Uh. Just other animals."
Oh, yeah. We saw a black vulture today too. Alive.
9 comments:
Wow, I'm loving your nature walks. I want so badly to live in a place like that! Beautiful!
Jen
You know, your scenery looks awfully like England. Are you sure you aren't over here?
Is this Jen in AZ? It's beautiful there, definitely, but in a completely different way!
Well, Dorothy, they DO talk funny here, but I'm pretty sure it's not England! lol.
Kristine, you are just cracking me up. I am so enjoying your new life in VA.
Brian calls the "cleaners" medical birds...we have crows and turkey vultures here and coyotes.
Your nature walks are spectacular. I really love the new area you are in.
Yes, Jen in Az LOL. I've really enjoyed reading about your relocation. Looks like it's been really good for you guys so far:)
Hugs,
Jen in Az
Gorgeous walk! Beautiful. Definitely a GPS would be a good addition to your country walks. :)
I'm a map person also. I sooo understand your need to know where you are.LOL
It must be so nice to live in the country.
It took me awhile to wonder why others on SHS were purchasing animals to disect, possibly resulting in uneeded death for the critter when if you wait long enough you will find something to disect in your own area or even your yard. LOL the voice of a country HS Mom here. I guess you're saying someone picks them up in the city?! LOL
Post a Comment