
We back up to 40 acres or so, and there's a wide dirt "road" that goes along the creek, across the back of the 5 acre lots on our street. I don't know what it's used for. The kids next door sometimes take their ATVs out, but I don't think they go back there. We ran into our neighbors walking back there too, and they said that we were the first people they'd EVER seen!
Trevor decided to make a couple of spears last weekend. He found and cut branches the size he wanted and set to work with his Swiss army knife. He did an AWEsome job, working on this for a few hours for two afternoons. He didn't even complain about his arm or fingers aching the next day, although I'm sure they did.

Trev with a finished spear.

We've planted a few plants in the front, including crepe myrtle, Rose of Sharon and this hibiscus below. I am SO not a gardener and (quite happily) know nothing about plants, but the different things that will grow here are so cool! Rose of Sharon has become our tradition, and this is the third house that we've planted one by the front door.

The really funny thing we brought out here in my car were our flower baskets from our old front porch. We knew they would instantly brighten up the new front porch and make it seem like home. The four baskets took up a lot of room, but we stacked them on top of everything else.

Everyone says that we won't have as much color this fall since it's been so hot and dry this summer. To us, I'm sure it will still be stunning. Each day seems to bring new changes in the leaves.

I missed the best color before grabbing my camera last night. I am beginning to think that the orange I see at sunset has something to do with the clay dust . . . (Not really!)

8 comments:
I liked your pics. Because of all the trees the little stream reminds me of a creek running thru the woods up at Lehigh Campus. We used to go up there a few times a week just to play around the water.
Dad
Great photos, Kristine. Your country looks very similar to ours. Gabe would love a pocket knife, but we haven't gone there yet.
Love the sunset photos! I'm going to enjoy seeing the fall changes out there since I no longer get my PP fix each day! I really find that I enjoy seeing a similar thing and how it changes. I think I should think about doing that again sometime.
Good job on the spear, Trevor!
Debbie, Robert spent a lot of time in western NY as a kid, and that's what he's always wanted to return to. He feels like he's "home." :) (Keeping in mind that he'd never been here until February, lol!)
Kristine, I remember you saying he spent some time up here. Where about was he. Brian and I have often thought of Virginia for retiring...very similar country to here, but not quite so harsh in the winter.
That last picture is gorgeous, Kristine! We all have (and LOVE) Crocs here, too (except for Carys whose feet are still too small for even the smallest size).
Cool spear! I love your crick!LOL
My Trevor does that too,, spear making (plus arrow making and teeny tiny arrow making). Colin and Tristan are just learning to carve, they don't have their own knife yet.
Post a Comment