Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kid Quotables

Trevor, distraught about leaving the old house:

"I wish I had a rewind button!"


* * * *

Driving to the new house, I noticed someone who was clearly lost. I commented to Holly, "It stinks to be lost back here," to which she dryly replied:

"With no hope of ever getting out."

(I think she feels the same way.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!

My kids' reaction to our last move (at about the same age your 2 are now) was similar. Grace recovered quickest, probably because she is the least sociable.{g}

Jack really surprised us and wept himself to sleep every night for months and we only moved an hour's drive away from our old house.

What I'm trying to say is: I think it's a natural reaction and don't beat yourselves up about making them unhappy. They won't be unhappy forever. They will come to love VA (Is that how you abbreviate Virginia?) They really will!

And one day, they will also rise up and call you blessed!

Praying for you all!

Yvonne said...

I've enjoyed reading about your new adventure. Enjoy your new home! ~Yvonne

Cynthia said...

Ugh... so sorry the kids are having a rough time. We've never moved so I don't know how long it takes to adjust, but I hope it's a quick adjust for them.