
I made these Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos tonight. Actually, I made them this afternoon, because they are easy to fix ahead of time. They were fabulous, and I can't wait to eat them again. I made over 20 and we had just one left uneaten. Even the kids scarfed them down, although Trevor would only eat half of each jalapeno. They would have been great with that beer from last night, but we instead soothed the fire with chocolate milk. (I've read somewhere that chocolate reacts to the chemicals in peppers.)
Caution: The pepper oils can be nasty on your skin. Wear gloves when you seed these, because you can't wash the stuff off with water.
(I am KIDDING about the beer from last night, I'm not really much of a beer fan!)
4 comments:
They do look good!
They look so yummy but I know that I would be the only one in the family who would even go near these and I just can't justify the bacon and cream cheese calories. :)
You've made several of the Pioneer Woman recipes, haven't you. How many would you say? Any you would absolutely recommend trying? She does a fantastic job with her cooking blogs. Everything looks wonderful.
Kathy, I have made a few of her recipes. I'm not really sure why. I enjoy reading cookbooks but I don't usually try recipes from them.
My Texas sheet cake recipe is identical, and my frosting is similar.
We all liked the Marlboro Man sandwiches. Oh, the olive cheese bread was fabulous, although I felt sick afterwards and I don't know if it was connected to that ! And these jalapeno things were really good! I can't remember what else I've made . . .
Those look amazing!! I send the pic to my husband. :)
Dh makes the marlboro man sandwiches and they're yummy. I'd like to try her cinnamon rolls, but I don't need THAT many of them. Actually, I doubt I need any of them. hehe
Post a Comment