Hands down, I'd choose a Sky Sox game any day.
Tickets are cheap; tonight was $2 night. At 6,500 feet, the stadium is the highest professional ballpark in the U.S. I love the community feel of the park, the camaraderie, the casualness.

Holly and Trevor really wanted to go one more time. Last year, our tickets were rained out, and tonight was our last chance to go. The weather held up, in fact, it was spectacular, high 70s.

We had seats behind the visitor dugout, a dangerous place to be. Six years ago at a Rockies game, we sat in the first row behind the dugout (courtesy of my office). The batter let go of the bat, which seemed to swirl in slow motion right at us. Robert has amazing reflexes, got the kids to duck, and covered them with his arm. The bat bounced off his arm, flew up and hit a woman in the row behind us.
Robert was not feeling good tonight and didn't come. He would not have appreciated our seat location. While we were there, 20 or so balls came in our direction. (And no, we didn't bring a mitt, everything is packed already!) I was definitely paranoid.
The Rockies mascot Dinger made a special appearance. Holly closed her eyes and hoped he wouldn't come near her.

Best new park food: Fries with garlic and parmesan. I need to make these at home, they were quite something!

Trevor was fading fast and it was getting late, so we left in the 6th inning. It was a great night, I'm so glad we had a chance to go one more time!
Final score: Omaha Royals 6; Sky Sox 11
Minor league baseball is a BLAST!
4 comments:
The frieds do look yummy! I don't like to go to those types of events, but I will go if our entire family wants to go for an outing and then I people watch (LOL) so it would be dangerous for me... I would NEVER see a ball coming at me >VBG>!
What fun! I love going to baseball games. We have a minor league team in a local city, but haven't managed to make a game. I'm not sure the Littles would appreciate it yet.
Those fries look yummy. Make sure you post a recipe if you figure it out!
We love attending Rockies games. We'll have to check out the Sky Sox sometime. The price is definitely more reasonable!
Those fries look GREAT! I don't think I say that only because I'm on produce overload....
Post a Comment