California shrimp salad, asiago pesto french bread
bbq pork chops, cheesey mashed potatoes, peas, fruit cocktail
bratwurst, pasta salad
Pasta with fresh basil, tomatoes, garlic, feta, and olive oil
BLTs, cottage cheese
Marlboro Man sandwich
something with chicken breasts
Recipe update:
I made Dorothy's Roasted Peppers with Feta Cheese recipe that she posted at SHS. I've never roasted my own peppers. It was a piece of cake! After baking them in the oven, they're topped with feta cheese, pine nuts and black pepper. They were very good. Robert was dubious, but he had seconds! He commented later about the "California" food, and I had to laugh. Dorothy lives in England.
Thanks, Dorothy!
On the back burner:
Ginger's pizza, she put artichokes, red pepper, and feta on top too.
shredded beef tacos when it's cool enough to have the crockpot on all day
Italian sub sandwiches, chips, fruit
pasta salad, fruit
Rocky Mountain salad
5 comments:
Kristine,
Did you roast the peppers again after putting the cheese in? It melts it beautifully.
Glad you liked it.
California food, huh? It's so long since we lived in California that I doubt if we'd recognise it if we saw it. {g}
Dorothy
I have GOT to try that Marlboro Man sandwich! I see it on your list quite often so it's obviously a family favorite!
Yes, I continued to cook them after adding the cheese and then the pine nuts. As I turned on my oven, it suddenly occurred to me that I recheck your recipe--200 degrees was not enough to cook them! You did indicate Celsius, but the big surprise is that I actually NOTICED! :) It has all of our favorites, basil, pine nuts, feta . . . You also mentioned a "rocket salad." What's that?
The MM sandwich is something everyone in my family really likes--for now, anyway! Robert and the kids put bbq sauce on their sandwich, and thinking about that makes my tummy hurt!
Not that I can speak for ALL California food but feta and basil are SO 2002 - pine nuts yes, but only with goat cheese (and now it all has to be made in CA so its usually Marin County Goat Cheese with Sonoma Free Range chicken..or something).
Yummy, wish you lived nearby, I could come over for dinner all the time!!!
I think I might be scared to roast my own peppers -- it's making me think of DeEtta down there in TX poaching her eggs & frying her bacon in a toaster.
Definitely dangerous.
We may have to stick to deli pizza from Wal-Mart.
Post a Comment