
We watched the Thunderbirds on Wednesday. Holly had a riding lesson on Thursday.

The weather's been nice, and we've spent a lot of time sitting on the back patio, eating breakfast and lunch, and just watching the birds and squirrels in the backyard. We went on several walks, and Trevor played with his boat in the nearby park.

We took Holly up to Littleton to spend a few days with her best-friend-since-birth (well, since Mackenzie's birth anyway). Trevor made instant friends with Farley, who was also visiting at our friends'.

After dropping Holly off, we visited our favorite restaurant, Romano's, and stopped at the "new" Rocky Mountain Harley store. I was surprised that it's a LOT smaller than the store we have here in town.

Rob, Trevor and I went out shopping yesterday and got caught in a great rainstorm. It hailed for ten minutes and left standing water all over the roads. I like storms like this since I have a wonderful husband who will run out to the car and come pick me up at the door!
Trevor and I went for another long walk this morning. These look like "California freeway flowers," but they're bright and pretty while they last!
Because of our frequent spring storms, everything is green. (Bridget from SHS used to live on a street along this path.)
The views are gorgeous! It's still morning, but the clouds again roll in.

We forged a path through a giant field.

Back at home, my favorite flowers, columbine, are in full bloom. I'm thinking these will grow well in Virginia . . .

Update on the house(s): It's been a horribly slow week for showings. On the plus side, we have a signed contract !!!!!!! on the Virginia house. Yippee!!!!! So we wait to sell our house . . .
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecc. 3:1
and a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecc. 3:1
5 comments:
We have those flowers too. They grow like weeds in my garden. We call them 'Grandmother's Bonnet' here. The proper name is Aquilegia. They are very cheerful aren't they?
I like your photos.
Columbine grows wonderfully in PA! My mother in law had one a few years ago and I had never seen one before. It was beautiful!!
Laura
Sounds like a nice week. I also have a few columbine plants which we're enjoying. You have such lovely places to walk! Our boys have one of those remote controlled boat things, too, but we never get around to taking them anywhere to play with it.
Columbine are our state flower. I did not about their Latin name before, and I'm thrilled to hear that they might grow well in VA! They grow wild here in the mountains, but we had a hard time keeping them alive in Denver. We are now 1000+ feet higher and they are much easier. I think it has more to do with the moisture than with the altitude.
The purple ones are my favorite, but I don't think we have any of those, just pink and yellow.
:)
Great photos. Congrats on the yellow belt to Trevor.
Still praying for God's perfect buyer for your house to come along.
Post a Comment