Sunday, May 13, 2007

Recapping the rest of the week

While Holly and I were in Virginia, Robert took pictures of Trevor's belt test and awards ceremony on Trev's last day of karate at co-op.





The teacher (I'm sure there's a proper "karate" name, but I don't know it!) is offering a class for the kids to continue working on their skills this summer. Even though we aren't sure how long we'll be here, I've signed Trevor up. The class will run an hour each on Mon./Wed. mornings all summer and the total cost is $99. We waited to see if he was interested in doing it before telling him we'd also buy him a real uniform. :)


We've been a migration stop for birds this week. I've never paid any attention to it before, but we read about it in our Zoology course this year. And Robert's the one who notices the different, brightly colored birds. We had one bright red one stop in our little backyard stream, and I was able to get a picture of this yellow bird at our feeder later the same day. I'm glad someone notices this stuff, otherwise I'd never see it to appreciate it!


Friday was also our last day of school. With Holly and me being gone, the "last day" was pretty anticlimatic. I'm not sure if we really did any "school" work. A friend called asking if we were going to our hs group's monthly roller skating. We haven't been all year, but it was a great opportunity to catch up with my friend, and for Holly and Trevor to skate with their friends too.

We were invited to dinner with friends on Friday. Like all little kids, little Sam LOVES the big kids, and Trevor had fun entertaining Sam for a few hours. It's a treat for Trevor too, who really hasn't been around many littler kids. Sam calls Trevor's name, brings him books to read, takes him to the sandbox, and just in general adores Trevor.


Another house showing this morning, and we headed over to Starbucks. Another rare photo--one with both Robert and me! Holly took a bunch of "nice" ones, but we ended up way too goofy looking to post. :)

My body and brain are almost caught up from traveling. When did I turn into such a wimp? Robert and I spent most of the day lounging around and reading. It was a great, relaxing day, and I'm looking forward to more of the same on Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Go Trevor! Great job in Karate class.

Nice picture of the colorful bird.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Way to go TREVOR! Congrats on the karate testing.

Cynthia said...

Our co-op is doing the zoology book next year and we're SO looking forward to it. My aunt and grandma have noticed for years that the same birds always stop by their homes at about the same time. They have even named one of them (LOL). I can hardly wait to start noticing these things myself one of these days after reading the zoology book!