Monday, May 21, 2007

Lots of time outside this week


We've had a string of nicer days. Holly rode a different horse this week, and Scarlett's friends were very interested in what was going on.


Robert cleaned out the pond and SURPRISE!!! He found this guy swimming around. Is it a salamander or bullfrog? Two years ago, we had little tadpoles that were eaten by a garter snake who took up residence in our pond. We took him to the big pond nearby. We also had a couple of koi fish, and something got them when we were on vacation. A few weeks ago, as a joke, Robert put in little glass fish. Birds kept grabbing them, then dropping them on the lawn, until they broke.


Trevor's been playing quite a bit with his remote control car.


And Robert's been playing with the motorcycle. My boys. Sigh. (snicker)


Robert bought a "dragonfly" RC toy this week. Trevor's mastered it. It's pretty cool, both sets of wings go to make it fly. Holly had fun flying it too. It's hard for me to get pictures of it!


That's about it. I'm still recovering from my cold (wimp). I spent most of the weekend reconfirming our next year's curriculum choices. It might sound boring, but it is FUN for me!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Kristine,
I always second guess myself on curriculum choices, too... drives my dh batty that I LOVE to talk about curriculum... being in a co-op has left little for me to have to decide for this fall, though, which is a definite switch... I must admit it's kind of nice.

Love the flying dragonfly! FUN FUN! My ds loves to fly things, too... kites, RC airplanes, etc.