Thanks again to my wonderful library, I was able to borrow this book as I consider using it with my kids. I first read about it on Kathy's blog, and then other loopy friends recommended it highly. I also read Corlette's husband's book, Peacemaking for Families.
I like this book, I am so tempted to buy it. There are additional student materials that go along with the book. I'm not sure what Holly and Trevor would think of it; they could go either way.
I am a curriculum junkie. So many things look good. So many things are good. I don't know yet what I'll decide, but I know it will be easier for me to say no once this book gets returned to the library. Meanwhile, I have my very favorite parenting book of all, Scott Turansky's Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes . . . In You and Your Kids, and I think I'll read through this again first before making up my mind.
Kathy, your posts are so often both thoughtful and thought provoking. I thank you for sharing so much of yourself through your blog and for being one of my loopy friends. :)
This book is definitely recommended.
4 comments:
Kristine,
Did I ever tell you that I know the Sandes? They are a very nice couple!
Kristine, we did this study a couple of summers ago. AND I also love that Turansky book. I need to pull it back out. Have you read their other book, Good and Angry? That was an awesome book as well!
Thanks for the sweet words, Kristine! You are kind to think of me. Have you ever seen the video series based on the Whining and Complaining materials? We have so thoroughly enjoyed the Love and Respect series that I'd love to find an excellent dvd/video project on parenting. I think the church would help invest in the materials if it was well done. I need to check into it more. I watched some clips and it seemed good but I would love to know someone who has seen it and can give a more thorough review.
Cindy, I think you mentioned it only because I reviewed Ken's book earlier. What we really want to know is if their children are well behaved, haha! You've never seen them speak though, have you? Locally, we have Dianne Craft, Sally Clarkson and a few others, but I've not seen them.
Linda, I have also read the Good and Angry book. I should probably read it again too!
Kathy, I just missed the video seminar several years ago when they were here. I heard of the book literally a week or two after they came to a church that we went to for a few years (of course, that was also RIGHT after they'd come). I get their regular emails that I really enjoy on parenting.
Post a Comment