Monday, April 09, 2007

Peep Show

Okay, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.


I've always loved these little marshmallow candies. They are even better when they have been out of the box for a few days and harder. I like the way the sugar crunches in my teeth and my throat hurts from the melting sugar. Oh, but Peeps are SOOO much more--they're great for science experiments.

After hearing about some of these experiments, last year I bought several packages of Peeps. I thought we might use them for our homeschool group's science fair, but we didn't participate. Meanwhile, the Peeps have been tucked away with my school supplies. My wonderful husband found them a few weeks ago.

"They're old," he said, "we need to throw them out." "Oh, no!" I told him. "They'll last forever!" He's continued to mention them a couple of times. We've been cleaning a ton of stuff out of our basement, and I found the Peeps out of their grocery bags, laying on the desk. Robert brought them out, "for Easter," he said. No way, I insisted, "They are for SCIENCE!" He rolled his eyes at me, as he really wants to throw them away. I'm not sure if he thinks I'll forget about them. Maybe he'll think they'll never get used. (Hey, I'm quite sure they'll still be good in 100 years.) Maybe he knows me well enough to know that I might go downstairs and eat them all myself one night. (Sorry--but I'm saving them for science!)

Meanwhile, I shopped for the kids' Easter baskets a few days ago. I don't think they really like Peeps. But I do. Of course I bought MORE Peeps, just for them, along with a box just for me. There's NO WAY I'm not going to use the ones I have saved for science. Not yet. The possibilities are endless.

Check out Chris's blog (scroll down to April 5 and April 4 posts). She's sometimes referred to as "Chris, the science one." See for yourself what Peeps can withstand. You'll appreciate your stomach. It can do more than you'd imagine. And you'll never look at Peeps quite the same way again.

But even that won't stop me from eating them.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

LOL.. I skipped all of the PEEPS SHS emails this year.....maybe next year I'll get around to those experiments.

Lisa in Jax said...

I love Peeps also.LOL I like those Cadbury Creme Eggs too. I always buy them both and I don't share.lol Everyone must have their own packages and colors.lolol

Emily said...

My favorite Easter candy is the Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs. Yum!!! I always make sure I put them in the kids baskets and then buy an extra bag for me :-)