Saturday, April 28, 2007

Oh! The places we go!

In the past week, we've had ten house showings. What this really means is that we have had as little as 15 minutes notice to make the house look empty yet welcoming, take off in the car, and aimlessly entertain ourselves for indefinite amounts of time.

So far, we've been to:
Kohl's.
Fargo's Pizzeria for lunch.
Petsmart.
the movie store, twice.
Starbucks (and doesn't Trevor look happy to be there!).


The library--more than once.


Wendy's for lunch. (They like to come at mealtime.)
Walmart
.

McDonald's for breakfast (we received a call at the way too early time of 8:47 a.m. that people would be there at 9:30 a.m.)

The dog park. I can never tire of this view.


Instead of leaving Lucky in his crate or in the backyard, we've been bringing him along. He's actually becoming quite socialized, making friends. (He's the one being very friendly.)

Sam's Club.

I can't complain. But I'm learning--I can't leave anything out at all. When necessary, the dishwasher and oven are great places to store things that I don't want to leave on the kitchen counter. In desperation, things left out get put away ANYwhere; later, every cabinet potentially holds a surprise.

But again, I'm not complaining. I'm quite thrilled we've had this many showings. I just wish they'd wait until at least 10:00 a.m.!

7 comments:

Romany said...

I'm going to try again to comment. None of my comments have been showing up lately.

Sorry you've had to skidaddle at short notice. At least you don't have a baby to wake from a nap. But it *is* a pain.

Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I remember the days of 3 plus showings in a day. When the call would come in for a showing I would yell 15 minutes to get this house whipped in shape. The boys would start picking things up and helping out.
I look back and laugh but it was pretty tough for us.
Laura

Cynthia said...

I can't imagine having to keep my house "just so" ALL of the time! I hope it sells quickly for you.

Kristine said...

LOL, Cindy . . . we are ALL QUITE sure that your house is "just so" practically all the time already!!

Debbie said...

That would be a drag, Kristine, but at least you are having lots of showings. We have only sold one house, it was a private sale, one person called and asked about selling before we even were ready, they paid our price (must have been too low) and that was that. The house we bought was also a private sale.

Hope it sells quickly for you.

Jodi said...

This sounds very hard but sounds like you've got the get out and go part down to a science.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

It's TOUGH, isn't it Kristine? We had several realtors ask if we couldn't get rid of a few beds and dressers for house showings. ::snort::