After they fell asleep last night, I moved the clock in Holly's room ahead two hours. When I woke this morning, I changed all the clocks downstairs, just in case they were suspicious. I let Trevor in on the secret (since he KNEW what time he woke up). The girls came downstairs at "11:00" a.m., and I commented a few times about them sleeping it until almost lunch time. They had absolutely no clue. (Silly girls!)
A few hours later, Robert remembered his Halloween scar kit. It looked GREAT, although we both worried that he might get "blood" on the floor. Again, I let Trevor in on the joke--he truly might have been traumatized to see this.
Robert shouted, and the girls ignored him (from the next room, aren't they kind?). He called again, and Holly finally came downstairs to get me. I told her I couldn't come, she needed to find out what he wanted. She was very calm and said, "I don't want to see that GROSS BLOOD all over his face." Poor girl! Mackenzie wasn't so easily fooled. She later said that her dad does stuff like this all the time. (He once wrapped my front yard in police tape, put fake parking tickets on our car and more.)
We decided to clue the girls in. I honestly could have let this go on all day, and Holly would have gone to bed two hours early, I'm sure! They couldn't believe it and thought it was pretty funny!
I also put a spool of thread in my pocket and asked Trevor for some help on pulling the string on my pants. He pulled and pulled and pulled, and the thread finally broke. But he liked it enough to try it on the girls.Holly taped all the toilet paper down onto the rolls. Clever idea that she came up with on her own.
Happy April Fool's Day!!
6 comments:
That's hysterical! Do you normally play practical jokes on April Fool's Day? Funny idea to change the clocks. Did you have a hard time keeping a straight face?
Any weird meals? I've seen some crazy ideas in the Family Fun magazine but never tried them.
Fun day!!
lol! Great pranks! My son Jon got up at 5:30am to play pranks on us all day long. I was so glad the day ended.lolol
He put peanutbutter on all my car door handles and various other sundry things all day long. lol
Very fun, Kristine! We aren't much for practical jokes and Brian wasn't home, so the day came and went without incident.
LOL... too funny... My dh came in and asked me what happened to my car to put the big dent in the side. That got my heart racing (LOL)!
We don't normally pull pranks on 4/1, it just worked out this year. But it means pressure to do it again next year.
I've seen the fun foods too, but most look like they are sugar based, and they are more work than I'm willing to do, lol!
If someone pb'ed anything at my house, I'd . . . I'd . . . I don't know, but I would probably freak out a little.
LOVE the car dent comment, I'll have to remember that for next year. Conveniently for me, dh does not read my blog!
What a FUN DAY! We actually had the 1st pass without any incidents. I think we all kind of forgot it was April's Fool Day.
My joke usually every year is that I am pregnant but with each passing year the kids were starting to catch on.
Post a Comment