Sunday, March 04, 2007

Whose line is it anyway . . . ?

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Erma Bombeck? Bill Cosby? Seinfeld? No, no and no. How about Matthew. As in the Apostle.

I stumbled upon this quote today in an e-mail. I laughed and didn't believe it at first. But it really is from the Gospel of Matthew. 6:34 NIV. Read in context, it's an admonition to not worry, nothing funny about it.

But what do you like to read? Sweeping historical epics? Adventure? Drama? Romance? War? Mystery? Poetry? Character building? Prophecy? The Bible is sure to have it--and you can find comedy too. It's all in there. We use the Bible here to teach history and moral behavior, to be inspired and encouraged. Parts are passionate enough to make me blush, and I don't share those with the kids (!). But any way you read it, it's a book that can change your life. For eternity.

No comments: