Lisa, thanks for posting your weekly menus, which has encouraged me to do the same. I copied the chicken taco recipe down several months ago and found it this weekend. If I'd been posting weekly menus, it would have stayed on my blog, and I'd have made them already!
One of my goals for posting this was to be more accountable, plan out my meals and not be heading to the grocery store almost every day. It's worked out so well that even Trevor commented about it the other day, something about, "We never go to Albertson's anymore!" My thought: YIPPEE!! The other advantage I've noticed is that I'm not spending nearly so much money for grocery shopping. It feels great to get back into this routine of meal planning. :)
This week:
hot dogs, fruit cocktail (for the kids)
Crustless Jarlsberg Quiche, spinach salad, rolls
Lisa's Santa Fe Chicken Tacos **
French onion soup, bread or breadsticks, salad
Sam's Club pizza
cheeseburgers, Caesar salad, ???
On the back burner (as a substitute for something this week, or planning for next week):
bockwurst, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, canned fruit
Swiss Enchiladas (new recipe)
cutlets Romano, salad, ??
a main dish to go with Dorothy's Baked Rice with Cheese and Green Chiles
2 comments:
You're welcome! I save a lot of money by making a list and I'm glad it's helping you!
Also, I think Garlic Chicken would taste good with Dorothy's Baked Rice recipe. My Miami friend just slathers chicken in chopped garlic and pours some Mojo on it and it's great! Mojo is in the BBQ sauce isle in the super market. If you can't find any, 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 oj would work.
That sounds good Lisa.
Also chops of any kind would probably be nice.
Dorothy
Post a Comment