Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sky pics

We drove up to Castle Rock today, where we picked up Holly's friend who is spending the night. When we take my car, I usually drive, well, just because. Today I asked Robert to drive. He knows the deal with my camera, yet he seemed surprised that I actually planned this out ahead of time. Everyone knows I can't take pictures if I'm driving!

Castle Rock is a wonderful little town halfway between Denver and Colorado Springs. It used to be a little farm town (pop. 3,900 in 1980). It's the largest city in a county that had the highest growth in the nation for a few years in the 1990s (and pop. now 40,000). Castle Rock has a couple of grocery stores, WalMart, Kohl's, Petsmart, Texas Roadhouse, Chili's, and a whole lot more.

Near Castle Rock. I'd love to get a good shot of the actual rock, but I'd have to drive around to avoid telephone poles in my pictures, and I knew no one else in the car would be game for that.

Between Castle Rock and Monument Hill.

A view of Pikes Peak taken near the Air Force Academy.

And Pikes Peak back at my house.

The girls took my little kitchen tv up to Holly's room several hours ago and have been watching Brady Bunch Season 3 that Holly bought just for this weekend. I wish they were watching it down here; I LOVE Brady Bunch. In fact, I always wanted to BE a Brady. But that's another post. At least I know Holly will be happy to watch these again with me.

As the pictures show, it was a gorgeous day. But that's typical around here!

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Mike's sister lives in Castle Rock. I hear it's part of Denver these days. LOL

Jodi said...

Very beautiful pictures.

I wanted to be a Brady too, LOL. Now I just want an Alice!

Cynthia said...

As always... those were awesome pictures of Pikes Peak.