Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's all good

I woke up yesterday morning to find that our furnace had stopped working during the night. It was 58 in my house and COLD! Robert figured out that it had something to do with the motor.

Good news: It was going to be a warm day anyway (what if it was one of those 15 degree days?)

This morning, Robert called a furnace guy.

Good news: We had been planning on having our furnace cleaned and serviced anyway, and we'd already received a referral from a friend.

Good news: They could come out today.

Good news: Our furnace is in "great" condition. (This IS good.)

So the furnace guy replaces the motor but the heater still won't kick on.

Good news: It's NOT the $$$ motor, it's just a burnt out motor switch, which will cost us about $200 less.

Whew! I'll have more good news tomorrow morning when I wake up to a warmer house.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Phew, furnace problems are my worst nightmare. Glad to hear that the problem wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Cynthia said...

I LOVE your positive attitude!