Trevor is my walking buddy (or perhaps I'm his). It was actually nice enough to go walk around the nearby pond yesterday and today! There was still snow blocking many parts of the sidewalks, and there's snowpack across all the gutters when we were crossing the streets. The ice on the pond yesterday was evident; today it was beginning to melt, at least in the middle.
Holly came with us today. We spent a few hours running errands this afternoon, so we didn't go walking until later. It made for some great shadows though!




It's been an uneventful couple of days. We hung out, ate loads of junk food and watched the Superbowl yesterday. The game: so so. The commercials: not bad, we like to grade them. The commercials that I found most offensive were the repeated ads for upcoming network tv shows--they were inappropriately gory and violent, never ending, necessitating us to press the MUTE button constantly. I don't get why these commercials are deemed suitable for this audience. No wonder why we don't watch much network tv anymore. This stuff is just garbage.Robert has been off three days in a row, and that's been such a treat! (Usually, his two days off each week aren't consecutive.) He spent several hours yesterday organizing "stuff" in the basement. This is a constant battle, we just have too much. One giant corner is being reserved for garage sale items. My job is to go through a dozen or more boxes of baby clothes, weeding out a few special things to keep and getting rid of the rest. Even the kids have caught the organization bug, clearing stuff out of their rooms, packing things away and setting some things aside to sell.
Tomorrow we will be back to our regular programming, with Robert going to work, and us back to a regular school day. I was hoping we might meet up with my mom and Mike at the Denver airport, but he's been sick for several days, not feeling any better at all. It's been a miserable "vacation" but on the positive side (because there is one), it's one more good reason that we didn't go to Steamboat. So we'll skip the airport tomorrow--it would have been great to see them, but it's 80 miles each way and would be just a much better idea if Mike were feeling good.
Warm weather, light schedule, great week ahead!
4 comments:
Awesome pictures!! A few days ago I was checking out some pictures on your blog and one of my boys said, "WOW!! Look at the snow and what mountain is that?" I told them it was Pike's Peak, they were amazed! lol
Thanks for sharing them!! I/we really enjoy them!!
Laura
Beautiful pictures, as always, Kristine! I just love seeing different places in our wonderful country.
I have to comment on it being too cold to get out and walk. Gabe and I went out yesterday...check out my blog!
Always enjoy reading your blog! :-)
Nice pictures as always! Thanks for sending the snow our direction. It just arrived!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your landscape pictures. Not only are you a great cook but at photographer to that list too :-)
Post a Comment