My days are all messed up this week, and I kept thinking that today was Thursday. I don't know why--Thursday would be Robert's normal day off, but he's out of town for two days of work meetings. He's so very rarely gone, and I don't think he's ever been gone twice in one week like this.We have less than 12 weeks of school left. For the past few years, I've bulked up the work at the beginning of the year, specifically so we can slow down once we hit that winter slump. And the winter slump is here! I picked up Ruth Beechick's Language Wars book today and already like what I see. Almost everything I read of hers turns on a light bulb in my head. I'm looking forward to reading if anything is applicable to Holly, or if it's all geared toward the lower elementary students.
Trevor had karate today. We hit 60 degrees, woo-hoo! We stayed "late" at co-op, and he played with a new friend on the playground for awhile. When we came home, he played with his buddy down the street.
I took the kids to Chili's for dinner, one of our favorite restaurants. I've been going to Chili's since I was about 16. It dawned on me tonight that most of the people eating there were much older than me, although there were a few parents with younger kids. Has Chili's turned into an "old people's" restaurant? Even worse, am I one of those old people?
We came back home in time to settle in for two hours of American Idol. Is it just me, or are the singers really rough this year? If you want a bit of a spoiler, check out DialIdol.com for a good prediction on who might be voted off next.
3 comments:
My days have been all messed up this week as well.. and I keep thinking we leave on Sat, but we leave on Fri... as in tomorrow and I haven't even packed yet! I better get a move on.
Please don't keep reminding us that there are only 12 weeks of school left, ok? (VBG) I somehow lost a month between Christmas and now... sigh... vacation planning, robot club, volleyball, basketball, skiing, and life will do that to you when you aren't looking!
It is Thursday, ok maybe I'm reading a day late, LOL.
Oh I thought American idol was so bad for the guys night. None of us was entertained in the slightest. The girls seemed better. Last year was the first season we watched and I was thinking, were we spoiled with particularly good singers last year, is this year typical or are these guys really bad!
The first week I thought the guys were horrible on American Idol . . thankfully the second week they improved greatly!
Post a Comment