Friday, February 16, 2007

Thursday things

There's not been much to post about this week! It's been trying to snow for several days, with the clouds hanging right over the mountains. We ended up with maybe a 1/2". That's enough for me! These were taken over the past several days.




My brain is gone tonight--I've been up since 4:00 a.m., so this will be a short post--I just hope it's somewhat coherent!

We had a nice Valentine's Day, with Holly getting a pink sweater, and Trevor a red sweatshirt, along with "enough" candy. That's by my standards, not theirs. Robert brought me flowers and ta-da, a box of Good n Plenty! I ate it for lunch today. Sigh.

He was not home tonight, so I took the kids out the a giant Chinese buffet. You know the kind--with several tables of Chinese food, along with a table of everything under the sun fried, a (canned) fruit table, a salad bar, dessert bar, soup bar. There's also another room with Mongolian bbq, and a sushi bar. Usually we eat way too much, but tonight we paced ourselves. I made sure the kids took only one of anything before deciding if it was good enough to go back for more. Sometimes this place is overwhelming, but we had a great time.

Tomorrow will be the nicest day of the week, just in time for Holly's riding lesson, yay!

My brain is spinning--what's left of it anyway . . . I need sleep!

7 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Kristine--what are you and De'Etta doing getting up so early in the morning? Ugh! 4 am does NOT seem like a reasonable hour. Hope you can catch up on your rest!

Romany said...

Kristine,

What do they serve at the Mongolian BBQ? I'm imagining yak kebabs and camel milk.

Dorothy

Jodi said...

Wow, more beautiful photos! 1/2 inch of snow would be plenty for me too, LOL.

I know that type of Chinese" buffet place. Last time we went to one the kids got plates of food. Then saw a serve yourself ice cream machine, suddenly didn't like the things on their plate and wanted dessert!

Kristine said...

Hmm, Mongolian bbq . . . I've never had it, but it's popular off and on, with even small, almost fast-food type restaurants in the past. There are bowls set out of everything, different meats, veggies, sauces, etc. You go through the line picking out what you want, and at the end, they cook it all up for you in one giant bowl so it all gets mixed up together.

SPEAKING of yak kebabs, we made some horrid concoction while studying Mongolia last year. What in the world did it have in it? Trevor just reminded me that it was "Yak Tea," some sort of tea with loads of BUTTER in it. He reminds me, "It tasted horrible." Now THAT's an understatement!

Emily said...

Kristine, we have a favorite Chinese Buffet that we love to go to. They have the fruit bar and the ice cream bar but I sure wish the had the Mongolian BBQ- yum!

Romany said...

Did you watch the movie, The Weeping Camel when you were studying Mongolia?

We did and it was STUNNING!

That was one of the best things about doing SL5, the movies we got to watch from the various countries.

Cynthia said...

NICE cloud pics!