Friday, February 02, 2007

Scary pregnancy photos

In an effort to make our loopy friend Lisa feel a little better, someone posted a bit of a challenge on my hs list for us to post our scariest pregnancy pics. Of course, Lisa looks terrific, and to rub it in a little more, she looks like she's about 23. (At least she's NOT!)

This scary pic is from 9/94, when I was 8 months pregnant with Holly. You can't tell which end of me was pregnant.


This was a few days before she was born. Gotta love that belly button sticking out. Overall, I gained about 40 lbs.


Here I am in '98, 7 months pregnant with Trevor. I ate a LOT of ice cream every single night, so after I gained 40 lbs., I stopped weighing myself. Just like a whale, the only thing that felt good was swimming. Trevor loved it too; he would turn somersaults while I was in the water. But I thought pregnant women were supposed to get chests . . .


Trevor was my 10.1 lb. baby. I'm not into pain and had an epidural--but you know I'm from peasant stock. I could have easily been working in the fields until minutes before his birth. Two pushes from me and Trevor FLEW out, no swelling, no pain, no nothing. You remember that nerf-football feeling after giving birth? I skipped that too. It comes in handy when babies are born during harvest time.

10 comments:

Yvonne said...

I think you, me, Liz, and both Lisa's should get some sort of Blogger award for our scary pictures. ~Yvonne {g}

Romany said...

I think your pics are nice! Mine are in a box in the loft somewhere, so I don't think I'll be finding them any time soon!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's exactly the sort of plaque I've been needing on my wall: Liz - One of the Scariest Women You'll Ever Meet.

It will go great with my other decor, or lack thereof.

Lisa in Jax said...

You looked great! And thanks for the complements.LOL

Oh, and if you want to borrow Bruchko, just send me your address and I'll get it out to you. It's a great book.

Diann said...

I'm kind of glad I can't find any pregnancy pictures of me to post right now. Ahhhh....there is some advantage to living a state of limbo.

Diann

berrypatch said...

Isn't amazing how quickly we all were willing to post our photos!!! :-)

Lisa

Jodi said...

You all do deserve an award for courage but honestly everyone looked fine to me!

I hink I looked worse for my smaller babies for some reason, Hayley and Tristan were only 6.5 pounds and I was huge for those pregnancies. Trevor and Colin were both 8.5 and I wasn't quite as scary sized for them!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I can't imagine 10 lbs babies.....cute photos - really. LOL

Emily said...

I want to post my scary pictures but I don't have a working scanner! I need to go through and find some good scary pictures and then find someone to scan them for me. Love your pics!

Kristine said...

Emily, I just put my camera on close up and snapped a couple of shots of old photographs. You don't need a scanner, so we'll be looking for your pictures soon, LOL!