
Melanie has a great indoor arena just for days like this.

I went to the nearby grocery store and came back near the end of the lesson.
Holly rode a new horse today, one she's admired for a couple of years. Romeo's coloring is striking, and he's a real sweetheart. He wasn't going to make it easy on her though, and she really had to work hard at getting him to do what she wanted.
I thought Romeo sounded just like any regular kid! Of course he wants to do this his way!

While we were gone, Robert took Trevor to get his haircut. I'm not sure what all they did, but Trevor had a hot towel wrapped around his face part of the time, and the whole thing ended up costing about twice as much as usual. LOL.
Holly came home and made brownies for dessert. It was the perfect complement for the chile rellanos that Robert made for dinner.
It seems that everyone's grumbling about the cold weather and the snow that's been on the ground for four weeks. I'm still happy it's been sunny out--but it looks like more snow on both Saturday and Monday, yikes!
5 comments:
Beautiful horse! Sounds like a nice day even if it was cold. I need more dinner cooks.LOL
What a wonderful opportunity for Holly!
Riding is super expensive in this country so we've never done it.
Dorothy
Oh, Dorothy, it has been wonderful for her. It's been her single big "thing" for the past two summers. The program she started with was funded through The Navigators, so the cost was about half of what it would normally cost. That program closed down (not reaching enough kids), and the trainer is working on her own right now. Holly's continued taking lessons from this wonderfully gifted woman.
We are now paying "full" price, and we've told Holly we'll pay for one lesson a month. She has very generous relatives who've given her money for both her bday and Christmas, allowing Holly to pay for an extra lesson on her own each month. It's been a really GREAT fit for her.
Romeo is beautiful! I have never had "professional" lessons . . .I have just learned from my relatives who love to ride. It's great having an indoor arena in cold areas.
Looks like a LOT of fun! YIKES... what a cold day to go riding though compared to Emily's (from SHS's) nice warm riding days. I admire your dd's dedication to riding even when the weather is cold.
Post a Comment