Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sunny Saturday!

Yes, the sky is really this color! We had more snow yesterday, and just seeing blue sky this morning makes me feel more alive. I don't suffer from SAD, I'm just so sick of the snow and feeling trapped! Robert knows my head starts to spin, and he took us out for most of the morning yesterday. It was slick, but we were able to run a lot of errands and you can bet there weren't many people out on the roads.

Later in the afternoon, someone completely blessed us by clearing our driveway! We still can't figure out who it was, but they even swept it clean. What's really funny is that we were all in the house and never saw or heard whoever did this. It snowed a little more after the driveway was cleared, and I didn't take this pic until this morning.

My street is still a mess. I called the city the other day to request my street be plowed. I told the poor woman that I didn't even care WHEN it would be done, but I'd just be happy to know which WEEK I could expect it. She thought it might be done yesterday. Yeah. Right. It looks pretty, but it's thawed, frozen, and been snowed on several times.

It will still be cold today, but I can deal with that. I have house cleaning to look forward to (haha), and I can plan out our school schedule for the upcoming week. We have a zillion outside things going on, various appts., so it won't be super-productive, but at least we can start getting back into our routine.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That was sure nice of someone to sweet your driveway!