Wednesday, January 17, 2007

One-Two Tuesday

One Bad: I haven't cleaned house in ages.
Two Good: I did my bare minimum, sweeping the kitchen and vacuuming downstairs. Holly cleaned toilets.

One Bad: I haven't done any personal reading in two days.
Two Good: I'm ahead in my Daily Bible. I'm really flying through my books in general.

One Bad: I apologized to Robert for saying something obnoxious to his friend on the phone the other day. (Well, it was GOOD that I apologized, but I felt bad!)
Two Good: Robert said I could NEVER embarrass him, and that he loves me more than I know. Isn't that SWEET?!

One Bad: I've been going to the grocery store almost every day to buy something for dinner, because I'm not planning ahead. Ugh.
Two Good: I have several grocery stores close by to choose from. I planned ahead slightly today and bought things for dinner to last through this week.

One Bad: My library continues to reject my interlibrary loan request for Children of the Fox, because their computer shows they have it. In reality, their copy is lost and the computer doesn't know it yet.
Two Good: Our library staff is amazing in general and could give lessons to our post office. When I called again to request an ILL, the lady remembered me from last week just from the book title and is working on it.

One Bad: We still have snow all over our yard and street AND it's been below freezing for several days.
Two Good: We had bright blue sky yesterday, and had it again today, AND this is NORMAL!

One Bad: I opened the door into the garage and a mouse ran by. EEEEEEEEEKKKKK!
Two Good: Holly offered to take out the garbage for me. Trevor went along to see if he could spot the mouse.

Definitely Good: Tom Tancredo announces that he's forming an exploratory committee this week for a possible presidential run. YES!!!!!!! Click HERE, he's my pick.

Don't know IF this is good/bad or what. Holly and I have anxiously been awaiting American Idol, which started tonight. I guess our next few weeks are filled with sitting in front of the tv, but at least we are watching something together!

A pretty good Tuesday overall.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love this post, Kristine. I have to ask if Robert is your husband or your son. ??? It's a sweet comment either way. How's the poetry book you're reading? Landon is reading "Painless Poetry" and doing the Brain Ticklers (Sonlight Level 7). He calls it Painful Poetry. He hates it!

Debbie said...

Love your list today! And yes, your hubby is just too sweet.

I did have to chuckle at your mouse comment, I'll have to tell you about my rat exploits someday! I'm a regular Annie Oakley! :-)

Kristine said...

LOL, Linda, Robert is my dh! I haven't started the poetry book, it's sitting here waiting for me though. I love Landon's "painless" poetry, sounds like something my dd would say. :)

All right, Debbie, 'fess up. All of a sudden I can picture you with the shotgun, kids standing on the porch, cheering you on!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Love your list.

Yvonne said...

I'm telling you Krisinte. All those little rodents need is a little love!
LOL ~Yvonne (Who wouldn't like it if I might a wild rodent either.)

Debbie said...

Kristine, actually it is a .22 semi-automatic rifle. LOL

Every few years, we seem to have an explotion in the local rat population. We live in farm country and our neighbors have horses. It is just the nature of things.

I sit at my computer and the rats will sneak out under that birdfeeders. I shoot them out the window. I've gotten quite good at it. I told Brian it would be easier if he got me a pistol! LOL

Cynthia said...

LOL... what a nice way to list the good/bad in a day!