Friday, January 26, 2007

It could have been worse

It could have been snowing. But it wasn't.


It was Robert's brand new car. Trevor was sitting right here. They'd JUST parked, Robert was out of the car, and incredibly Trevor wasn't out yet. The driver of the other car backed up quickly, C-RUNCH. Thank you, God, for watching over Trevor and keeping him from opening his door. So it definitely could have been worse.


Robert called me from the parking lot and asked me to bring the camera. I could have been going to the hospital. It definitely could have been worse.

We all went into the mall afterwards. Holly tells me that Aunt Lori was asking her how *I* would have felt if MY mom had followed me around with a camera when I was 12. (Gee, THANKS, Aunt Lori!!) Actually, Holly has been a good sport. At least she didn't hide!

We bought a couple of pretzels, and Robert consoled Trevor at Orange Julius. Trevor was still pretty upset. Even little accidents can be traumatic for adults, and he's just a kid. (I felt like Emily at the mall with my camera, but I did turn off my flash!)

When we came home, Trevor and Robert restocked our woodpile. Again.

Of course, while they worked, I didn't. I walked around with my camera. Just before sunset, everything was bathed in gold.


Two weeks ago, we experimented with Breakfast Burritos for dinner. Oh, they were so good! I made them again last week when Robert worked late, and they were all gone the next morning. I made them again tonight for dinner.

BREAKFAST BURRITOS

Per burrito:
1 potato
1 egg
1/8 lb. chorizo or sausage
cheese
1 tortilla, warm

Peel and dice potatoes; boil until tender. Scramble egg the way you like; I always add a couple of teaspoons of 1/2 and 1/2 for each egg. Fry sausage. Mix all together, and place in tortilla. Top with cheese and anything else you want (sour cream, salsa, etc.). Wrap well. Can wrap in plastic and reheat in microwave.

YUM!

* * *

So, not the best day ever. But it certainly could have been worse.

6 comments:

Love My Dog said...

Ok, just to clarify. Holly and I were chatting and I said she was quite photogenic and a good sport -much better than you would have been at 12 had someone been following you with a camera. Then I thought of THAT image and laughed pretty hard. I image a camera in itty bitty pieces all ground up by your foot. But hey, who am I to talk? Friday is probably pretty sick of the camera as well ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, glad everyone is okay! I hope you don't have too much hassle with your insurance either. Sometimes they can be a pain to deal with.

Lisa in Jax said...

I'm glad to hear that everyone's o.k.! Sorry about the new car though.

Those burritos sound great! We love breakfast for dinner around here.lol

Romany said...

Glad Trevor is OK!

Dorothy

Emily said...

You go girl!!! Keep taking the camera everywhere!!!! You might never know when you will need it!

PTL that the Lord protected Trevor! You are so right . .it could have been worse!

Also, I LOVE the landscape pictures you posted today!

Cynthia said...

LOVE the bathed in gold picture!

Sorry about the car, but so glad Trevor is ok!