Monday, January 15, 2007

Concerts I remember

My best friend in high school and I went to many concerts over the years. Here are some that I can remember 25 years later.

Van Halen, 4/6 or 7/79, San Jose Center for the Performing Arts. I was 15, and it was shocking at the time to have guys walking around muttering, "Acid for sale. LSD. Acid." The auditorium had a balcony that swayed, and this was the last rock concert there.

Day on the Green,  5/6/79, Oakland Coliseum. Boston, Sammy Hagar, Eddie Money.

Another Day on the Green, 1979. Can't remember bands. Had to be DotG#2 with Journey. We camped overnight in line for fun. (Mom, what were you thinking?)

Pat Benatar, 8/17/80, San Jose Civic Auditorium. (Happy birthday to me!)

Styx, with The Babys, 1/6/80, Cow Palace/San Francisco.

The Babys, San Jose Civic Auditorium.

I'm sure I've seen The Babys one more time, and Styx one more time too.

Marshall Tucker Band, New Years Eve at The Cow Palace, San Francisco.

unknown band, San Jose Civic Auditorium. I fell asleep at this one. Really.

Greg Kihn Band and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, 9/18/81, Concord Pavilion.

Billy Squire, 10/10/81, Warfield Theater, San Francisco.

Greg Kihn Band, 4/21/82, Old Waldorf, San Francisco.

John Mayall or John Fogarty? 1984 or 1985?, Rainbow Music Hall, Denver. This was probably the first one I didn't go to with Debbie.

Bob Dylan and Tom Petty, 7/26 or 27/86, Red Rocks.

* * *

I was in the hospital recovering from an appendectomy and missed Bob Seger. Good thing too. :)

Okay, what am I forgetting?


And no, I'm not counting Tony Orlando & Dawn, The DeFranco Family, and Bucko Sisters (who were my cousins!) in 1974.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

LOL... I only went to one rock concert while in high school and I don't even remember the name of it. I only went because the people I was babysitting for gave me a ticket and their son drove me there. I didn't like him, didn't like the music, etc. I shouldn't even have gone, but felt obligated to use the ticket since it was a gift. Never went to another one again... except Christian concerts and I have too short of a memory to remember who I went to see (LOL).

Emily said...

Let's see . . you have me remembering those high school days I would love to forget LOL My list that I can remember: Van Halen, Billy Squire, Journey, Brian Adams . . I can't think of anymore. I did see Frank Sinatra before he passed away. I surprised my grandma and bought us both tickets.