(The last five years have fallen far short of this number, with anywhere between 15.9" and 30.6" of snow.)
2005-2006 snowfall = 17.4"
2006-2007 to date = 16.7"
These are official numbers measured at the airport on southeastern side of town. We get quite a bit more snow where I live.
* * * *
Nothing to report. Nothing has changed. Contrary to what my mom has always said, no news is *not* good news! When it stopped snowing last night, it really was absolutely lovely. The wind blew all night long though and continues. I don't think it's currently snowing at this minute. My driveway is covered with several inches of snow. As in almost every storm, I can look across the street at my neighbor's driveway, which is so windswept that I can see 30% concrete--it's just the way the wind blows.
(There is a plus side to that, as my house faces the south, which makes shoveling much, much easier, often unnecessary. My neighbor faces north, so if he doesn't shovel, the snow lasts a lot longer.)
So what's our weather saying, something about, if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes? I'M WAITING!
These happy little house finches outside continue to fly around, chirping. It's 20 degrees outside. I think their brains are half frozen. Their cheerfulness is beginning to drive me insane.
3 comments:
I just wanted you to know we here near the Southwestern NY ski resort of Peek-n-Peak are so envious ! Temp here at 2:41pm 43ยบ, and glorious sunshine everywhere...No snow within sight except a small amount in the ditches left from the whopping 2" we got Tuesday night...I'm wondering if there ever was a winter with this small amount of snowfall. Normally we get well over 100", and so far total is 41.5", BUT winter IS still young. Have a good and safe New Year..
BL
Great pictures. Sounds like you had a nice time over New Years. Funny about the snowfall. We've had about 3" so far this winter I'm sure we usually have much more than this by now.
We have the same "wait 10 minutes" saying around here (LOL).
Post a Comment