Okay, I'm sharing my biggest holiday secret here. I can tell you--for the most part, you don't live by me. This isn't something I tell most of my neighbors because I don't want anyone else to know about it. (Tina, you are the one neighbor I'm telling this year!)
My post office stinks. The Most Obnoxious Clerk in the World works there, and she talks LOUDLY to every one of her customers about 1) their personal business/packages, 2) the 12,000 ways they can mail their package, 3) everything else no one wants to know. The lines are lllloooonnnnggg. I've never waited less than 20 minutes, and that was at 10:00 a.m. on a Tuesday in March. It is a nightmare in December.
We have two other options that virtually no one knows about. The mall nearby has a Postal Contract Unit at the mall information desk. My favorite nearby copy center also has a Postal Contract Unit inside. These aren't the places that charge you a fortune for the privilege of mailing your package--you pay regular post office rates. It's exactly like going to the post office, except that the clerks are pleasant and the lines are short, if there's any line at all.
To find a Postal Contract Unit near you, go to the USPS website, www.usps.com, and click on Locate a Post Office in the red bar at the top. Choose Post Office Locations and plug in your zip code. Look for the heading "Post Office - Cpu." I know not all post offices are as bad as the one near me, but I'd drive another 15 minutes if I had to to avoid this one. Maybe this will help you too. You just might not want to tell your neighbors though!
3 comments:
Oh my what a mess at your PO ! I would surely complain about this person !
Did you know you can eliminate all your holiday mailing woes ? As a matter of fact all your mailing woes period ! With either your credit card, or a Paypal account, you can:
1. Get FREE home pick-up, no matter how small or how many packages you have. Also international packages.
2.You can order many supplies such as boxes, tube mailers, mailing envelopes etc. all FREE delivered to your door.
3. You can even make all your own postage on your computer !
4 You can make shipping labels.
5. Make your own stamps too with favorite pictures on them such as your kids, although I haven't tried this yet.
You will need a postal scale to weigh the packages. Doesn't cost very much. We have one that sits on the counter. After weighing the packaged item in your FREE postal box, you go to the USPS web site and calculate the shipping then make out your shipping label. SIMPLE ! I have a 3x5 card all made out with a little message to my mail person that I just leave in the mailbox, asking her to please come to my garage and pick up a package. OR you can either email or call your PO to request a pick-up. We rarely ever go to the PO anymore !
We do lots of Ebay, and sometimes I have many packages going out, and this is a wonderful way to NOT have to stand in line or deal with an unconcidering postal employee, plus our PO is a 10 mile round trip ! We all need to save on gas these days...
Anyhow if you need more info access the web site:
www.usps.com/pickup/welcome.
htm
BL
I know it's not funny, but your story really made me laugh! I love your humor! Our PO is very small so we don't have the problems you mention... I NEVER go to town to mail anything.. I always do it out here. There are 2 pos... out here... one with a grumpy lady and I only go there when I have to mail something overseas and the other is "our" po... they are GREAT! They call when I have a package, leave candy for the kids, etc. There are definitely some advantages to living in the boonies (LOL)
This is great! Thanks for the info. I looked my CPU's and I have one at Beall's! Pretty neat and I bet a lot less crowded!
Thanks!
Post a Comment