Monday, November 06, 2006

Lesson learned today

I don't remember what the kids learned today, but I learned something, and I think they've learned it too:

**Do not wear Crocs while playing basketball.**

You'd think anyone would know this. In fact, I know it. I even thought of it as I slipped on my Crocs right before we went out to play. They were fine for awhile, but at one point, the ball starting rolling right down the center of the street. I started chasing it, planning to kick it out of the way.

I'm one of those people who trip when I wear my Crocs, even if I'm walking on a flat, even surface. You can imagine what I do on a roughly paved hill while running fast.

Before I could kick the ball out of the way, I tripped. I went flying, trying to run fast enough to catch my legs up to my body. I slid on the street, on my palms, on the side of my leg. I shouted at my son to let the ball go. I can't believe my pants didn't tear. My dd was equally horrified and laughing. (And you'd laugh too if you'd watched my fall.) My ds was traumatized. I told you he's used to an uncoordinated mom who sits around and ponders.

Now he's worried that I won't play anymore. My palms are bruised and my fingertips are numb. I know I'll have a great bruise on that side of my thigh. Don't worry, I won't post pics of that. But of course I'll get out there and play basketball again. Probably even today. Just not in Crocs.

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

OUCH! I hope you aren't too sore!! You need some HIGH TOPS (LOL)!
Cynthia

Jodi said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch (sounds like something i would do!). Yes, probably best to skip pictures of this one but I liked the ones in the post below. Looks like you had a nice weekend.

Emily said...

Oh no - I hope you don't hurt too much. My girls their LOVE CROCS. I haven't ventured yet to purchase a pair - but maybe someday.

Anonymous said...

Klutz......

US said...

oooooooooowwwwww!!! I'm glad that I did not have to learn that lesson first hand.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

OUCH - how are you feeling TODAY?

berrypatch said...

I can SO relate, Kristine! I did the SAME THING!!! I was running with my Crocs on (long story) way back in August. I sprained my ankle badly & it STILL hurts off & on now! I still wear my Crocs almost every day though. I love them! Just not to run in. LOL Hope you are feeling better by now! Lisa